Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road is an online cycling magazine. It is intended for writers and riders who want to share their on the road cycling stories and pictures. Submissions that follow our guideline are gratefully appreciated. See the appropriate page in the site menu. Will publish the best of the best each month. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @PicosCycling.

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road May 2015 Vol. 3 No. 5


Looking over the articles in this month's issue has me excited. Iohan keeps on riding. His last story destroyed our single article page view record. I am expecting to have a really good month again.

Lots of work on the site in April should be apparent as well. Several new pages to serve our readers. We introduced an archive page which I am going to completely redo but it does make it easier to take a look at back issues. Another page added is listing links for free bicycle touring resources. I think the information showing there at this point is pretty lean but we'll continue to work at that and update everyone as we go. I think it adds some great value to the site.

You will also notice this month on some of the articles links to related articles at the bottom of the page. I'm taking a page from Hubpages play book. This will make it easier to engage our readers. I'd love to go back to all our back issues and add similar links but that is a daunting task at this point.

In This Issue

Click the links to read or just scroll down.

I Want To See the World: Part 3

Iohan Gueorguiev continues his trek. His skill with the camera and selfie stick while riding amazes me. His sense of adventure and narration make this a must read and must see. In this edition he is exploring the North American continental divide.

Cyclist To the Rescue

Assisting at the scene of an accident I witnessed. Glad she was past me before she lost control of her vehicle. No injuries but scary enough.

Through the Urban Jungle

Instalment number four of my own big tour. This time I get to traverse a very large mostly urban environment. San Francisco bay area. From San Jose through Berkeley, I experience a lot along the way.

Bike Tour Bailout

Sometimes things just don't work out and you have to bailout on your tour. Even if you weren't properly prepared or bad things happen. You don't have to give up touring forever. You can learn and still enjoy yourself.

Underwater Pedal Power

I know it isn't touring but it is too cool for me to ignore. We aren't talking about nuclear armed submarines from the navy but human powered submarines do exist. Take a look at the International Submarine Race, Bogus Batoid and Faux Fish. I'm sure you'll agree that this is just plain cool.

That's it for another month. I think this is our best issue yet and think the numbers by months end will bear that out. Hope you enjoyed it enough to visit us again sometime. If you really like an article, please take the time to share it with your friends on social media sites. You might even choose to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Until next month, pedal on!

Pico


Pico's Cycling Previous Issue

April 2015 Last month we explored the California coast, rode amoung bears and recognized spring. We also had a laugh at Captain Underwear. If you enjoyed this month's issue have a look at this one and maybe spend some time in our archive. Lots of great stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment