Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road is an online cycling magazine. It is intended for writers and riders who want to share their on the road cycling stories and pictures. Submissions that follow our guideline are gratefully appreciated. See the appropriate page in the site menu. Will publish the best of the best each month. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @PicosCycling.

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road July 2015 Vol. 3 No. 7


Been out on my bicycle and am hoping to get a few more short tours under my belt before the summer gets to much further along. No multi day long distance runs in the immediate future. I just don't have the means or the time. Three short day runs should suffice for the time being though. Hope to have one of those ready for the next issue. My youngest son is looking forward to pedalling his bicycle somewhere with me.

Our on line cycling magazine here has been doing well. We should finish the month with another page view record. At this point I'm expecting to fall just short of 2200. I will try to refrain from talking about it all the time if this trend continues. Our Twitter following has also topped 1000 for the first time as well.

The only bad news is that Jack's laptop had some problems and he was unable to submit his article in time for this issue. He'll be missed but I'm confident he'll have one for us in August.

In This Issue
(Click titles for access)

Weekend In Reno

This is the continued story of my tour that I've been writing instalments for the last six months. I spent a terrific weekend with friends in Reno, Nevada. Great tour, great friends and great times.

Pamper Your Bottom

Another of those lessons I learned the hard way. Don't underestimate the value of a good seat. They are not all made equal. Your rear end will thank you.

Job Hunting and a Grudge

There was a time when my bicycle was my only means of transportation. Didn't restrict me at all, but try to convince a doubter isn't easy. In this case the situation was hopeless and I didn't go home very happy about it.

Cycling Scofflaws

I hear endless complaints about cyclists that either ignore the rules of the road or don't know what they are. People like this exist and I don't approve of their behaviour on the other hand...

Emergency Tire Repair

This was inspired by someone's Facebook post. Some times a patch kit isn't enough. It doesn't have to leave you stranded. The photo is a quickie job to keep the tube in the tire. I discuss how to make the repair the "right" way.

That's it for another month. The weather should be great most of the time for those of us in the northern hemisphere. Don't just read about cycling. Get on your bikes and do it. You'll be glad you did.

Pedal on!

Pico




No comments:

Post a Comment