Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road is an online cycling magazine. It is intended for writers and riders who want to share their on the road cycling stories and pictures. Submissions that follow our guideline are gratefully appreciated. See the appropriate page in the site menu. Will publish the best of the best each month. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @PicosCycling.

Friday 30 May 2014

Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road June 2014 Vol. 2 No. 6


Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road welcomes a new writer to our ranks. Nancy Sathre-Vogel has more experience at riding and writing than the rest of us here. Her contributions are appreciated. Since she's from the USA and Jack and I are both from Canada, I think we can now say we're an international webzine. We're still hoping to attract other writers to join us, although there is no complaint about the quality we boast this month. Minor updates should be evident

We're well into another cycling season now. I hope all our readers enjoy a diverse, enjoyable and safe touring season. Pedal on!

In This Issue

(To view articles separately, just click on the titles)

The Kindness of Strangers: A Safe Place to Sleep


Without wasting anytime, Nancy Sathre-Vogel has done a lot of the things that I would have loved to do myself. She has authored several books on the subject. After reading her here I would encourage anyone to visit her site, where you can not only read more stories like this one but also buy one of the books she has authored.


The first of two articles by our regular contributor Jack Hawkins. Time to saddle up.


If you ride a bicycle, you've gotten flats. Here's a quick article to help you stay in the saddle longer and not let this minor problem cramp your style.


Jack has been playing in the mud. There has been plenty of that to go around. I've gotten lured off the beaten path myself. It's only fun for so long.


I was cooking up this article before Nancy and I decided on an article from her work. I think they make good book ends for this particular issue. Just goes to show you can meet a lot of good folks on the road.

Looks like this issue is another step forward for us. Here's hoping we can continue to get better and better. A strong cycling season, interesting writers, more experience on my part - it's going to be a great year.


No comments:

Post a Comment